Ericson Rendezvous

Stuart

Member II
I am organizing an Ericson Rendezvous. June 19 -20th to be held at Bidwell Harbour, South Pender Island BC Canada. There is a customs dock at Bidwell.
For more info contact me at stuartm@pureresults.com or book at the marinia www.poetscove.com
I think this year should be called the
"Gathering of theVikings":egrin:
Great web site!
Stuart
30' Erickson

Mike.Gritten

Member III
We'll be there! We've made several trips to Bedwell Harbor (Poets' Cove now) before and always had a wonderful time. Having the "vikings" there should make it even better! There's lots of wildlife close by and the setting is lovely. We'll try and arrive on the Friday.

Steve Swann

Member III
June rendevous

We are E25 owners located in Boise, ID who might be interested in making the trip to "let SEAHORSE meet some of her big sisters." As Newbies, what would all of you experienced sailors tell me about where to launch from and what to expect? I prefer a crane or a lift so as not to submerge my new aluminum trailer in salt water and we are enough of a sailing crew to not end up on the rocks for weeks at a time now. :)

Steve and Tawni Swann

Mike.Gritten

Member III
launching

You could certainly launch it from Granville Island where I live in Vancouver, BC. but I don't know about launching from the USA. I am sure that there are lots of facilities available in Washington state. I hope to see you there. It is a great area to sail.

Steve Swann

Member III
From Boise

Thanks for the fast reply, Mike. With your thoughts, I think that if we come, maybe we'll clear Customs while still having everything on wheels then launch somewhere nearby in BC. I'll Internet-check some of the port facilities around the area and see what we might find for launch services. FYI, I just bought the boat in FL in Sept. '03 (gave our Hobie 18 to oldest son in the SF Bay area). I would like to camp out near a West Marine Store for a few days up in the Seattle area too, so an excuse for an Ericson rendevous combined with the trip to the boat store might make for a good plan. I might even get this one past the other 50% of my boating committee.

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Steve,

you might want to consider taking a ferry to Victoria on Vancouver Island from Washington state and then it's only a about 15 sea miles to Poets Cove from Port Sidney. I'm sure that there are lift facilities there.

mark reed

Member III
Will try to make it

If I can move the boat up to the Sound sometime in May, I will try to make it to the rendezvous. Thanks for organizing it.

Mark Reed
SV Southern Cross, 1988 E-38
Newport, Oregon

RON CARTER

Member I
We will be planning to attend Poets Cove next June. Please keep us all updated on this site. Many thanks AZGARD 35-3

Gord Bell

Member II
Count me in. This sounds like a great chance to meet some other Ericson owners.
cheers Gord
Huckleberry e35-2

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Yep - On Foot, Though...

We'll be up there - on foot - so we'll need a little, uh - 'dingy service' from the pier... :egrin:

Please do keep us updated...

//sse

Tom Plummer

Member III
Skyline Marine at Flounder Bay Anacortes, WA operates a lift for launching boats. Our boat is moored there and I intend to go the Ericson Rendezvous on our way to explore the Johnson Straits. It is an easy cruse through the San Juan Islands and across Boundary Passage from Flounder bay to Bedwell Harbor. Perhaps we could link up and cruse together.

Steve Swann

Member III
To Tom Plummer

Tom,
Sounds like a good plan and good advice. We'll firm up plans to attend and let you know. We're new to salt water so an armada approach might be a good thing for us to consider.
Steve
E25 Sea Horse.

hinters

Member I
Ericson Rondezvous

Hi Stuart : I just bought a neglected 1972 E-35-II that I am trying to get into shape by spring. If all goes well I hope to be there to share some yarns and pints. Please keep me posted!
Thanks, Pat

KTROBI_VALHALLA

Member II
Ericson June Rendezvoux

Hey Group:
A June gathering of the Vikings sounds like a great idea! We will pencil in the dates and plan to head north from Seattle. We will be looking forward to taking 'VALHALLA' up north for the first time.
Keep us informed of all the details, you can contact me at KTROBI@AOL.COM.

Fair Winds;

Kevin & Brenda Robinson
'VALHALLA'
1990 E38-200
Shilshole

:egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
By land if we have to, by sea if we can...

It's kind of a long shot, but this (maybe) could be the year that we take our boat north. Lots of projects to get done by the end of May.....
One of the main projects for 2004 is refrigeration, and the keel cooler (heat exchanger) is sched. for install when we do the bottom job, late March.
:cool:

And, passports to obtain. And then there's the Customs clearing hassle to puzzle out ahead of time. And some crew for the delivery trip both ways...
And, we haven't crossed the border in our own boat since 1983...
:(

It sure would be nice to meet a bunch of Ericson owners, though!

Best,
Loren in PDX
Olson 34 #8

:egrin:

evm

Member II
there in july

We are planning on heading up for a 3 week trip to desolation sound. Leaving Portland about mid July. Too late to make thr rendezvous.... But we will be in the area so if you see us wave!

-Ethan