Ericson Rendezvous 2005 - Vote Now!

Where Should the 2005 NW Ericson Rendezvous be Held?

• Don't like any of em - but want something URBAN.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Stuart said:
Hi All

We drove to Port Townsend to purchase our E-31 Independence last June, cool place but I know nothing about moorage and marina facilities in that area. If we chose to go there I would appreciate it if someone who knows the area to look after bookings.

The replies I have had to date from last years participants are in support of Sidney for the most part, most not caring if we go back to Poets Cove.

I have 30 slips reserved at Poets cove, 30 slips on hold at Sidney and as I now understand we have 20 in Port Townsend.
I will email the list of attendees from last year and ask for a vote between

Port Townsend and Sidney by Sunday night so we can make a decision where to have the Rendezvous this year.

Cheers
Stuart MacKenzie

Vote and choose a place to go - so some reservations can be locked down.

The Pt. Hudson Marina is pretty nice - nice exit to the water - and right in town - very walkable. It's not a 'Poet's Cove' - it's totally urban - but there are lots of restaurants, sites, the fort, blah, blah, blah. If chosen, it will be a marked comparison to the quiet of Poet's Cove.

Speaking for myself, we'll be happy to drive anywhere - and actually, I have some Canadian Drugstore 'shopping' to do anyhow, so... :D

Oh - and Stuart & Shaun - thanks very much for all your work!

//sse

wurzner

Member III
Pt Townsend

My vote is for Pt Townsend. It will be a lot more personable and logistically more easily available for people attending my vehicle opposed to vessel. For our friends north of the border, it's an easy sail for them to either location so that should not be an issue. Pt Hudson has better shoreside facilities with respect to holding a get together which is what this all about, isn't it? I'll contact Pt Townsend to increase the available slips if that is a pivotable issue.

Sean, thanks for adding the poll.

Shaun

Last edited:

Gord Bell

Member II
Sydney is my first choise for the get together. Being from up island it will take 2 long days to get to sydney and if it were held ind port townsend, it would add anouther days travel, not that I mind sailing. If held south of the border I will still attend, but like I said, my first choise is north of the border.
cheers Gord
sv Huckleberry

Mike.Gritten

Member III
I think that the comments here are good, but, make sure you actually "vote" in the poll at the top of this thread. I just read two people who want to go to Sidney, but only one actual vote cast in the pole for that destination.

Gary Morrison

Thanks for bringing the poll to my attention, Mike. I did not see it until after I replied to the thread in favour of Port Sidney. On the poll I selected "none of the above ... prefer rural setting" but I expect that is a throw-away vote. Should have made this point in response to the thread and voted for Port Sidney in the poll ... Too late to change the poll but perhaps this posting will make my preferences clearer to the powers that be.

Gary Morrison

Stuart

Member II
Rendezvous 2005

I have had three emails sent to me voting for port Sidney. They are from
Jim Paxton, Jeff Engholm and Even Wert who also said Poets Cove is also ok. I am going to add these as votes to the poll as well as Gary Morrision who in his last post wishes he chose Sidney.
Cheers
Stuart

Stuart

Member II
Voting on 2005 location

Well it seems the poll is childproof, I thought I could register Votes for those that just email directly to me but I can't. I will leave the vote I placed as my vote for Sidney although I am ok with Port Townsend / Hudson and really could go either way. I am somewhat concerned at what the guide book says about currents at the entrance during tide swings as it could be somewhat difficut to time an entry over a long sail, I have not done enough research to know if this is a big concern. Any comments on this?
In my emil we have three more votes for Sidney plus Gary Morrisions.
Sean, is ther any way to add these emial votes to the poll as they come in?
Cheers :egrin:

hinters

Member I
2005 Rendezvous

Hi Stuart
I have stayed on the breakwater at Poet's cove...it isn't BAD but if you are on the outside it can be rough with the inevitable Power boat types and their wakes. As someone said in a reply "it is a lot of money for what you get." I am torn between Port Townsend and Sydney.....Sidney is just a 45 minute motor from my home marina at Canoe Cove so it is kind of in my back yard...doesn't make for much of an adventure for the weekend...and I have an aversion to crossing into the U.S.... too much pain for too little gain. I will make up my mind and vote by Sunday. If it helps we have been to Port Townsend and we found it to be quite enjoyable.....A nice little town with everything in walking distance.
Cheers
Pat Waters
E-35 II
Lions Den
ps here is the web site for Pt. Hudson Marina: http: //www.portofpt.com/point_hudson.htm if anyone wants to have a look

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Stuart said:
Well it seems the poll is childproof, I thought I could register Votes for those that just email directly to me but I can't. I will leave the vote I placed as my vote for Sidney although I am ok with Port Townsend / Hudson and really could go either way. I am somewhat concerned at what the guide book says about currents at the entrance during tide swings as it could be somewhat difficut to time an entry over a long sail, I have not done enough research to know if this is a big concern. Any comments on this?
In my emil we have three more votes for Sidney plus Gary Morrisions.
Sean, is ther any way to add these emial votes to the poll as they come in?
Cheers :egrin:

Yeah, I could bump up the numbers on the poll - but how come they won't register and vote themselves?

//sse

>> Ok, I bumped up the Sydney result by 3.

Stuart

Member II
Rendezvous 2005

Sean, I asked all to reply to EY.o but also suggested if that was difficult to, just reply to my email, the folks I listed on my post are the ones who just replied to my email.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.