Ericson at Aqualand, Lake Lanier

Dan Callen

Contributing Member III
Ericson's

I have an Ericson 32-3 on Watts Bar lake. I live in Ooltewah and I noticed you are on Signal Mtn. You should visit Blue Springs Marina. A lot of sailboats and a very active Sailing club. Would be a lot more convenient than Lanier. Watts Bar ia great sailing lake as well. Dan Callen Ericson32-3 Andiamo

outahere

Member II
Dan,

That's the plan for next year. We were leaning towards Chickamauga and hadn't really thought about Watt's. I'll take a look sometime this fall. Year round deep water?

Glenn

Dan Callen

Contributing Member III
Watts Bar is a deep lake which is a problem sailing on Chickamauga. I live 10 minutes from Chickamauga and the one hour drive is more than worth it. Most of the keel boats are on Watts Bar and I think you would really enjoy the sailing. Let me know if and when you plan to go up there and take a look. Have a great summer. Dan Callen Ericson 32-3 Andiamo

chuckd

Member I
Chickamauga Sailing

There is good sailing on Chickamauga. We have a couple of Ericsons at Sale Creek Marina. We are far enough north to avoid all the overcrowded areas, and have quit a good time sailing the lake. Plus we are close enough to take trips to Watts Bar and to downtown a couple times a year. Stop by the marina anytime, we are usually there, or visit our web site.

http://www.salecreekmarina.com/

Blue Springs is a great marina too, and Watts Bar is a great lake to sail on. You can't really go wrong either way, in my opinion.

- Chuck

EY271975

Ericsons on lake lanier GA

Yes, i have a ericson 27 at aqualand im geting ready to pull out to restore but i also have a restored 1978 O'day 25 i sail also :egrin:

outahere

Member II
I'm restoring mine also, 1971 E 27,hull number 42. I am berthed at U 37. Going to the Party this month at the marina?

Glenn