Ericson 32 Rebuild

Swanie

Blogs Author
I am 5 months into the complete rebuild of a 1975 Ericson 32. I have been taking pictures all along to document the process and have made great progress. I will load pictures over the next few weeks to get you all caught up on my progress. I am hoping to have her back in the water by May 2016, one year after purchase. We purchased the boat with a Volvo Penta MD2020 that hadn't ran in 4 years after stalling during it's last sail. I suspect the fuel filters clogged and the PO didn't know how to diagnose the problem. We won't be putting the Volvo back in as I am repowering her for electric drive through Electric Yachts with their 10KW 48 volt system. So anyone interested in a Volvo Penta MD 2020 and fuel tank, let me know.

Last edited:

Swanie

Blogs Author
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Here you can see the condition that we found her in. The interior picture shows the starboard bulkhead was cut out right up to the main chainplate. There was 4 inches of standing water/oil/grease in the hull and the engine did not work. Other than that, she was a beauty.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg