Ericson 32 keel to deck height

Swanie

Blogs Author
New member here, first post.

I am purchasing a 1975 Ericson 32 that is in dire need of a refit. I have a 40x30 heated and fully equipped shop with 12x12 doors. I need to know the height from the bottom of the keel to the top of the cabin deck to make sure it will fit in the door. We are having it professionally transported next week. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Swanlund
Ericson 32 'Triocha'

Last edited:

Macgyro

Amazingly Still Afloat
Blogs Author
Best Guess answer

Hi,

I have no idea about the height, but if no one else chimes in, hopefully this will get you started.

The floor to ceiling of the cabin is just over 6'. The listed draft is almost 5'. So there's 11' minus however far the floor is below the waterline, then add the thickness of the deck plus any accessories/fittings on the cabin top. You've also got the height of the keel off the road when on the trailer or rollers, however you have it.

You're going to be close, but I hope that someone here has the actual measurements for you. Good luck! And we love to see photos of the work you're doing!

-Dean
1970 E32
Vivant

Swanie

Blogs Author
Dean-

The draft is 4.9 feet and based on sailboatdata.com the distance from water line to cabin top appears to roughly the same height. That would mean that it's 9.8' from bottom of keel to top of cabin. I was just hoping someone has the exact measurement to put my mind at ease. We are hauling her out tomorrow morning, so I will know for sure then.

There will definitely be an ongoing blog with pics... I might just start that right now!

Swanie

Blogs Author
I will be removing all the pulpits and stantions before the transport company picks her up. The cabin will be the highest point.

markvone

Sustaining Member
My 6'3" draft E36RH has a stem freeboard of 4' 2" and an overall height of 12' 4" at the bow pulpit. The cabin is a little lower. The E36RH has a pretty tall topside so I'll bet it's higher than an E32-2. So my guess with the lower topsides, no pulpits/stanchions and 1.4' less draft is that you are well under 11 feet, closer to 10 feet.

Mark