Ericson 32-3 being Chartered

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I was looking for photos of E-32s in response to @vanilladuck's recent traveler location post and I stumbled across this:

Looks like someone is still chartering an Ericson 32-3. Kind of cool to see. I wonder if they are members here. If so, they may have an interesting take on maintenance since the boat is more than a hobby.

vanilladuck

E32-3 / San Francisco
Blogs Author
Nice!

Although... the listing says it's a 32-3, but the photos look more like a 32-200... starboard lazarette has a larger lid, FRP winch bases molded into the cabin top, mid-deck hatch is forward of the mast, and the head is definitely more spacious than the 32-3. @goldenstate would know, esp. after spending ~3 weeks sailing his 32-200 to Hawaii :)

Pete the Cat

Sustaining Member
Nice!

Although... the listing says it's a 32-3, but the photos look more like a 32-200... starboard lazarette has a larger lid, FRP winch bases molded into the cabin top, mid-deck hatch is forward of the mast, and the head is definitely more spacious than the 32-3. @goldenstate would know, esp. after spending ~3 weeks sailing his 32-200 to Hawaii :)
It is a 32-200 like mine. Head is the same. I guess if the "captain" keeps in the quarterberth area, it would work, but it would not be my idea of a great charter boat option.