Ericson 32-200 on eBay

SELou

Anyone familiar with this boat? Looks like a nicely maintained craft. The reported keel is a fin at 4' 10" which is at odds with the specs on this site, which indicates this model had a deep fin at about 6', a wing and a shoal fin at around 4'.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
No offense Lou but if you have never been through buying a boat before, always confirm the specs. I was considering a boat with a fin keel in the chesapeake. It was fairly far up and I was very leary of this. I called the broker to confirm and he assured me it was a fin keel. I looked at where the boat was slipped and still had my doubts. I called one last time the day before making the 600+ mile trip to look at the boat and the broker said that it was a wing keel like I was crazy for thinking it was a fin!

SELou

Thanks for the story; I've been buying, selling and enjoying sailboats for over 40 years. I'm still interested in information on the eBay boat being sold by a charitable organization. I thought someone in the area might be familiar with it.

Mikebat

Member III
The 32-200 does NOT have 17 gallons holding tank. It's 6 or less.

But the boat looks fantastic. Somebody is going to make me jealous, getting it for under $30K.

I could probably go and look at it for you this weekend, if you want. Newport Beach is just down the road.

Last edited:

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
yea...may be a bargin...anyone know what the reserve is set at?:egrin:

But the boat looks fantastic. Somebody is going to make me jealous, getting it for under $30K.

I could probably go and look at it for you this weekend, if you want. Newport Beach is just down the road.

Mikebat

Member III
There was no reserve, and it had a Buy-It-Now for $29,900. :eek: :jawsdown: Someone got a fantastic bargain. I'm jealous!

rbonilla

yea Mikebat...I heard that...It l@@ked like a sweet deal...I offered $20k on it sight unseen...Hey, sounds like you may the type of "partner" we may be l@@king for is the So Cali area .. I have formed a LLC partnership called "Odyssey Sailing Inc" .. We have 5 "slots" or owners ( in at $10k each ) ... We are shopping for a ericson 32 to 38 "200" 1983 (or so) to 1990... to add to our small "fleet" ( a ericson 23 & a boston whaler 22' revenge - 225ob and a GMC Denali to pull the toys ) Our existing partners are in Colorado, but our ericson will be either in San Fran, Del Rey, Oxnard, or San Diego...We want a partner near the boat to use it and keep an eye on it..as the colorado partners would only use it a few times per year...The one or two partners would have acess to the ericson any time for a fraction of the normal owners cost...as we would be splitting the ttl costs over 5 owners vs. 1...anyway..something to think about, if ya live is so cali and are thinking "nice ericson 32 - 28 feet"...cheers !!...Mo dues at aprox $125 - $150 per mo..so far, this more than covers our expenses...We have used this business model with a cessna here in colorado....:egrin:

richard
colorado

There was no reserve, and it had a Buy-It-Now for $29,900. :eek: :jawsdown: Someone got a fantastic bargain. I'm jealous!

dcsdiego3

Member I
87 ericson 32 in San Diego

I have a 87 32 standard in San Diego. I was considering selling it since I just don't use it as much any more. This parnership sounds interesting though.
Contact me if you are still looking
Dennis
dcsdiego3@gmail.com
Will give you phone number after hearing from you

yea Mikebat...I heard that...It l@@ked like a sweet deal...I offered $20k on it sight unseen...Hey, sounds like you may the type of "partner" we may be l@@king for is the So Cali area .. I have formed a LLC partnership called "Odyssey Sailing Inc" .. We have 5 "slots" or owners ( in at $10k each ) ... We are shopping for a ericson 32 to 38 "200" 1983 (or so) to 1990... to add to our small "fleet" ( a ericson 23 & a boston whaler 22' revenge - 225ob and a GMC Denali to pull the toys ) Our existing partners are in Colorado, but our ericson will be either in San Fran, Del Rey, Oxnard, or San Diego...We want a partner near the boat to use it and keep an eye on it..as the colorado partners would only use it a few times per year...The one or two partners would have acess to the ericson any time for a fraction of the normal owners cost...as we would be splitting the ttl costs over 5 owners vs. 1...anyway..something to think about, if ya live is so cali and are thinking "nice ericson 32 - 28 feet"...cheers !!...Mo dues at aprox $125 - $150 per mo..so far, this more than covers our expenses...We have used this business model with a cessna here in colorado....:egrin:

richard
colorado

rbonilla

I will Dennis...say, in a week or two...I am back in New York (from boulder, co) on a project.....I will contact you in the near future...How do you like the 32?

I have a 87 32 standard in San Diego. I was considering selling it since I just don't use it as much any more. This parnership sounds interesting though.
Contact me if you are still looking
Dennis
dcsdiego3@gmail.com
Will give you phone number after hearing from you

rbonilla

maybe the folks that bought it will end up on our board...that would be cool...every year or so i see a real steal on a ericson...i guess the trick is to have the cash and a plane ticket ready...and a good surveyor also...

:egrin:

dcsdiego3

Member I
e32

I love it. It looks good and sails very well to weather. It is beautiful and comfortable inside. I have been sailing a long time so with that ability to see headers and lifts along with it being a fast boat I beat a lot of boats on the bay that are bigger and should stomp me. I like that I can throw out the 150% genoa and do it all by myself.
I have owned it since it was 6 mos old and have really enjoyed it.
Safe travels and hear from you later
Dennis

I will Dennis...say, in a week or two...I am back in New York (from boulder, co) on a project.....I will contact you in the near future...How do you like the 32?