Ericson 30 + - Bilge Discharge

jjfarber

I bought this vessel as a rescue project and I am having some general difficulty sorting out the bilge discharge. I cannot find the outlet through the hull and tracing the routing of the hose only gets me about about 12" from the pump. Does anyone out there have experience they can share? Thanks..

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Bilge Thru Hull Location

It more than likely is located on the transom. That's where it is on my 28.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Are you sure?

I have a 1984 E30+ and i don't have a bilge discharge aft of the head on the port side. Maybe your boat is a different year or a previous owner made changes, but otherwise I'm not convinced you found the bilge discharge. But I might well be wrong. ☺️
Frank

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Shower bilge discharge

Is it possible that what you've found is the thru hull for the shower bilge?

redbeard1

Member II
We have psc e34-200.

The attached picture is of our aft lazarette and shows our bilge discharge tru-huls on the starboard side near the transom. Our 2 bilge hoses (we have an electric and a manual) leave the bilge, head aft through the starboard side of our engine compartment, enter the starboard lazarette, and finally enter our aft lazarette.

Hopefully yours is similar.

Attachments

• bilge.jpg
    bilge.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 106

Glyn Judson

Bilge hose exit points.

Neither do we have the bilge hose hull fittings in our transom, they are on both port and starboard quarters of the hull. The factory installed manual pump discharge is located on starboard and the automatic one is located opposite to port, right next to the engine exhaust discharge. It's logical in this model that they are not on the transom given the extreme aft rake and transom hung rudder. I don't think there was any hard and fast rule as to the placement of bilge discharge fittings when our boats were being built. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA