Ericson 29 Models

rvivian

Member I
I have a 1976 Ericson 29 with a bad hull. After three unsuccessful blister jobs I've about given up, but I like the boat.

So I'm looking for an Ericson 29 with a sound, blister free hull.

Currently being offered an Ericson 29 with a hull # 58 and pictures that look like the original 1970's tall rig as a "1980 29 1/2".

Anyone know if this is plausible? I thought they stopped making the E-29 in 1979.

Anyone have any knowledge of an Ericson E-29 1/2?

Thanks

rvivian

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
No matter what the owner (or clueless broker) wants to label it, an E-29 is going to be an E-29.

It may well be a great example of that model, and be one of the last ones built, however.

Loren

HGSail

Member III
My 29 is Hull#224 and it was built in '73. I don't see how he could have #50 something being built in the 80's
Pat
E29
'73
Holy Guacamole

Hull number?

By '79 or '80 the hull number of the offered boat should be imprinted on the stern. That should clearly identify the model and production date shouldn't it?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
By '79 or '80 the hull number of the offered boat should be imprinted on the stern. That should clearly identify the model and production date shouldn't it?

Absolutely. If there is a prize for best answer, you would win it! :nerd:
HIN info was mandated about a decade prior. There may also be an additional inside HIN imprint in an out-of-the-way place on an frp molding.

LB