Ericson 29-1or 29-2

kjs

Does anyone know the difference between the 29-1, and 29-2. I need the difference backed by some type of liturature. Information about what years were available in what options would be helpful. Here's the generic information I have: The e-29 was available with atleast 2 different rigs - one 'standard' the other IOR(taller mast but shorter boom) PHRF NW - Table III lists different BALLASTS for the two types, but the internet Table III gives no standard measurements for the e-29-2. Anyone have any information that could back up the actual differences between the two designations? Thanks, kjs

jwolfgra

Member II
Hi - I've got an E29-1 Hull number 190. I don't have documentation to back this up, but here's my accessment of the difference between -1 and -2 models.

My boat has tiller, 1 opening hatch forward of mast, center boom sheeting.

A -2 has, Wheel, End boom sheeting, 2 opening hatches (one forward of mast, one immediately after).

I believe all other specs are the same (i.e., hull shape, rudder, ballast). I think the rigs are variable on either model.

Hope this helps a bit.

Bill Sanborn

Member III
Ericson 29-1 or 29-2

I have a standard rig E29. None of the literature I got with it mentions either a -1 or a -2, however they do mention a tall rig option.

Mast height I dim
Std Rig. 36.5' from deck (not cabin top)
Tall Rig. 38.3' " " "

Boom length E dim
Std Rig 12.04'
Tall Rig 9.92'

It's a long shot but Pacific Seacraft may be able to tell you from the hull number. I haven't contacted them for many years but there phone no. was 714-879-1610, Fullerton CA. They also had a distrubutor in Seattle on Westlake I think.