Ericson 28+

adavid

Member II
Congratulations! It is not an E-28+. The E-28+ (A shortened version of the E-30+) was built until 1985. 1986+ boats are E-28. They were a new design. There is more detail on this in this forum.

Andy

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Congratulations! It is not an E-28+. The E-28+ (A shortened version of the E-30+) was built until 1985. 1986+ boats are E-28. They were a new design. There is more detail on this in this forum.

Andy

Hi Andy: I disagree, the E 28+ is not a shortened version of the E30+, the E 28+ is an entirly different boat. different trunk design . bow and stern, smaller beam I have been cruising every summer with Hilda Harris E 28+ 1986 we have maney picture moored togerther both in and out of the water
they just are different, different options different masts ( an E30+ has a two spreader tappered Kenyon mast) and a larger engine.:egrin: It is entirly possible that the first E 28+ was a shortened version but 7/8 mast makes them both 30+ and 28+ boats or so I understand. Both are great cruiser Racer boats congrats to the new owner on a great choice

Chas and Judy SV Eden, 1986 E30+

Last edited:

bayhoss

Member III
Ericson 28+ or 28.2

The 28+ has slightly more sail area than the 28.2 (about 10 sq') the 28.2 has a "T" shaped cocpit, the 28+ is 10'-6" in the beam with the 28.2 being 10'-0" There are several keel differences, but I'm not certain of the depths. The 28.2 did however come with a shoal draft at 4'-0". Also I'm fairly certain that the 28+ is longer at the waterline than the 28.2.
That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Best Always,
Frank
E28 Valinor

adavid

Member II
If you have questions regarding the E28+ (or E28-1) vs the E28 (or E28-2), it is worth looking at the documents in the Download Center. You can see there that the E30 (masthead) came before the E30+ (fractional). However the E28+ (fractional) came before the E28 (also fractional).

Andy

SAM

"Nauti Jo"
E-28 owners manual

I just bought an 1990 Ericson 28. I wonder if it is a 28+. How can one tell?
Dear First Light,
A little off the track but I also own a 1990 E-28.
I was wondering if you received a 1990 owners manual as a would be very interested in getting a copy.
I have downloaded the manual on this site but it appears to be from an earlier boat, maybe even a E-28+.
If it is different than what is on line I would be glad to compensate you for having Staples or The Office Depot printing up a copy.
I have had my boat for 3 years now and am liking her more the better I get to know her.
Unique for a small boat, she is fast in light air and stable in heavy air.
Regards,
Sam of "Nauti Jo"

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Just to set the record straight, the 28+ was made from the E30
tooling. The later model 28 was designed from scratch.

Martin

adavid

Member II
Dear First Light,
A little off the track but I also own a 1990 E-28.
I was wondering if you received a 1990 owners manual as a would be very interested in getting a copy.
I have downloaded the manual on this site but it appears to be from an earlier boat, maybe even a E-28+.
If it is different than what is on line I would be glad to compensate you for having Staples or The Office Depot printing up a copy.
I have had my boat for 3 years now and am liking her more the better I get to know her.
Unique for a small boat, she is fast in light air and stable in heavy air.
Regards,
Sam of "Nauti Jo"
The document in the Downloads Center, "E28 Owners Manual" is for the 1986 and newer E-28. So, this should be the correct manual for your boat. There are other documents for the E-28 that are labeled as E28-1 or E28+ or E28 plus. Those are for the older model.