ericson 27 jib

guy

ericson 27 #2 jib,storm jib, anchor

we will be making the sausalito - bodega bay passage this weekend on our just purchased 27 and are looking for a #2 jib and/or a storm jib. any for sail or for loan? also looking to buy an anchor. i'd like to find a 25 pound danforth or a 43 pound plow.

thanks,

guy

707-570-1444 w
707-823-1861 h

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
43 Pounds ??!!

As long as you are anchoring in sand or mud, any Danforth in the 12 to 15 # range should hold you solid.
If in rocks and weeds, a different kind/design of anchor is called for, anyway.

We have used a (genuine) Danforth 12H for 15 years in sand/mud bottom conditions. Be sure to have about 30 feet of chain, no matter what type of anchor you choose.
Watch out for cheap knock-offs of the Danforth brand/design; being a bit superstitious I just do not trust 'em as well...

Best,
Loren

guy

Thanks, Loren. There's a chance that I will be permanently anchoring my boat so I need something substantial. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Guy

As long as you are anchoring in sand or mud, any Danforth in the 12 to 15 # range should hold you solid.
If in rocks and weeds, a different kind/design of anchor is called for, anyway.

We have used a (genuine) Danforth 12H for 15 years in sand/mud bottom conditions. Be sure to have about 30 feet of chain, no matter what type of anchor you choose.
Watch out for cheap knock-offs of the Danforth brand/design; being a bit superstitious I just do not trust 'em as well...

Best,
Loren