Ericson 27 fuel filter locations

celtic sea

Member III
This might have been covered on the forum somewhere, but I will be installing a new fuel/water filter and wanted to hear from E27/29 owners where their filter is located.
Mine is currently under the sink in the cabinet and it is very hard to service. Where is yours located? Is it safe to install it in the engine area? I'm running a gas Atomic 4.
Thanks
John
Celtic Sea
1973 Ericson 27
Atomic 4

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Engine Compartment is fine

I had my Racor Filter installed in the engine compartment with my A4. Mine was located on the upper forward corner of the port bulkhead. I had the wheel steering, and I think there may be a little more room in that area as opposed to the tiller model. No longer have the boat, but I will see if I can dig up a picture. Its hard to shake the Ericson family :egrin:

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
I installed mine on the starboard side of the engine compartment, along with a new strainer. There is plenty of room in the 29 - it's possible that the 27 may be a bit more cramped in that quarter. I had room to put a petcock on the drain too... just room to put a tuna can under there to drain the "sqeezins" out. I think the engine compartment is the safest area, because the blower evacuates fumes from there. Also it's very convenient to have a fuel valve right there, next to where I check the oil and crank the water pump grease cap.

The PO had a spin-off fuel filter in the battery compartment, along with the unsecured and unfused batteries and wad of wiring :0:0:0

dt222

Member III
Mine is located on the forward bulkhead of the lazarrete- just downstream from the fuel tank. I've got more room there than in the engine compartment.

mine also is located in the port lazarette forward bulkhead. don't know if that is factory stock but it is surrounded by a wooden box, open at the top and bottom, I guess for protection?
tom