Ericson 25 mast raising/lowering system hardware

Bill Ross

Can anyone refer me to a source for purchasing the special hardware (port and starboard boom guys, etc.) for the mast raising system for a 1974 Ericson 25? Barring the possibility of purchasing ready-made guys, are drawings and specifications available which would allow me to fabricate these myself? Any assistance regarding this topic will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

mstone

mast raising rig

I have a 1973 E-25. If you can't find the rig you are looking for I can measure mine out for you, and you can have one made up for yours. Meantime I'm looking for specs on the cradles to rest the mast on - stock item, but didn't come with my boat.

Bill Ross

to MStone: Thank you for the reply. Please forgive the delay, but I had to draw my bow and stern mast crutches. They are currently available as AutoCad (.dwg, .dxf) files or as MS Word files (.doc). If you wish, I can e-mail them to you.
I would definitely be interested in receiving dimensional information regarding the guys/stays which comprise your mast raising/lowering system...hopefully, the 1973 and 1974 models are compatible.
Thanks, again. Please let me know how you would like to receive these drawings.

mstone

re. mast crutches. I would love to get some dimensions & drawings for those puppies. M.S. Word would work fine for me. It's dark right now , but I'll post the measures for the boom guys for you tommorow. soon Mike.

asl100376

Bill, mstone,

Do yall still have the information about the Mast Crutches and Boom Guys?

I would be very interested since i am missing both and about to lower my mast.

Thanks,

briangsmith

Member II
me too!

i'm 'piggy-backing' here as well- just dying to know if i can
actually raise and lower this mast by myself with the proper
(homemade?) tools...

brian smith
homer, ak
s/v 'sparkle plenty'
'78 E25 c/b

Bob in Va

Member III
Aftermarket parts

Though my boat is an E23, I believe the mast section is the same (6.5 X 3.25) as that of the 25. Mine did not have the optional factory gear for dropping the mast, but I was able to make some up that works real well on it. Dwyer sells a hinge that is just about right for this section: part # 2150; it cost $55.45 a couple of years ago. I came by a boom bridle that was originally for a Mk 1 boat, so the dimensions were off some, but have come to realize that the main issue with it is to hold the boom centered during the first 45 degrees or so of raising - after that the upper shrouds and spreaders take over that task and keep everything from falling off to the side. The hinge raises the mast about an inch, so you need that much extra in the shrouds and stays. I added toggles to them, so that gave the required extra length as well as lessening the possibility of kinking. I also have photos and a sketch if anyone wants to see them. Two people can do it with relative ease, though it's good to have more the first time.

steve-nc

need help

:confused: Hi too All,
I have a ericson 25' 1974. I could use any information you can give me on mast raising/lowering system hardware as none came with my boat. I read the online manual on how to do this but I do not have a winch on the mast. Is this normal for 1974 25' or should I add a winch to the mast to help in this process? I do not have the mast crutches either. I would like to get the dimensions & drawings of these as well. I tried to raise the mast last week but could not get it up. Just luckily I did not break any thing that I could not fix.

Thanks
Steve-nc:unsure: