• Untitled Document

Join us on May 31st, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

May Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Engine mount recommendations

Timsb

Member II
I am replacing the engine mounts on my 32-3. The 32-3 uses three mounts. Does anyone have any recommendation for brand and type. I see a lot of different options, some are a bit pricey like the vetus hydro dampener that claim "the reduction of vibration and noise is truly staggering". Unfortunately at $166 apiece, so is the price. What type will give me good performance for the buck.

fool

Member III
Could also use the same advice for a 35-3, on recommendation from the yard, to ease adjustment of the prop shaft/cutlass bearing. Mine are, I'm told, just a touch too short. I'm also told this is an adjustment that can be accomplished while on the water.

Insights appreciated.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
When we changed out our collapsed Universal mounts I went with the PYI "R&D" model mounts. I thought that since this vendor is a good source for props and the pss shaft sealing system, they might have a good line on these parts too.
After a really good alignment we did end up with somewhat less vibration, but nothing to really shout about.

Some folks swear by the Vetus ones, and other tout other different brands and types.

I would check in with Maine Sail and look through his excellent site for information -- I do trust his judgement.

Best of luck,
Loren

ps: some friends of our installed a new Betamarine in their E32/3 and seem quite happy with it, and the mounts that came with it.

Timsb

Member II
Well, thanks for eveyone's input. I think I am going to go with the Vetus K75. They are reasonably priced at defender and from what I have read seem like the best for the buck.