End of year

MT Taipan

Member I
We just did the end of year haul out. This means I have to live the next 8 months vicariously, by reading posts on this website. Excuse me while I go cry while watching "Captain Ron".:crying: Is there anything sadder then a boat on the hard and tarped up?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
sailing to skiing?

Sad indeed!
Do you sail on Flathead Lake?
I ask because there was a Ranger dealer around there in 1980, when I was selling new Ranger 20's and Ranger dinghies in Portland.
He was using the interesting business name the "Quiet World of Bikeology" or something like that.

I recall that some R-20 sailors trailered over to Portland for a Nationals from there and from Nevada. Good times!
:)

Loren

Last edited:

MT Taipan

Member I
Sad indeed!
Do you sail on Flathead Lake?
I ask because there was a Ranger dealer around there in 1980, when I was selling new Ranger 20's and Ranger dinghies in Portland.
He was using the interesting business name the "Quiet World of Bikeology" or something like that.

I recall that some R-20 sailors trailered over to Portland for a Nationals from there and from Nevada. Good times!
:)

Loren

Yep, on Flathead. Just to rub salt the sun came out, breezes came up and the people that could wait were going by the marina waving. Oh thou art cruel!:egrin:

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Sympathies

You have my sympathies. Absolutely beautiful sailing day on Lake Champlain. I held my 27 out of the water this year due to severe spring flooding and a busy summer schedule. Since I have a view of the lake I'm tortured each and every nice day. Marinas close next week my pain will ease. Al Frakes, Port Kent, NY E-27 and E-28+