Electrical Panel Replacement on E29

ThurstonCounty

Member I
Hello all!

I'm in my second year of upgrading my E29 and have rewired much of the boat so far. There was some scary connections made by previous owners (remember that brown extension cord wire from the 80's...). I'm now ready to tackle the electric panel. This is the original 1975 panel

IMG_2585.png
I also have a bunch of random "extra" switches that are not routed through the main DC panel (and some extra holes from previous switches).
IMG_2586.pngIMG_2587.png

Given the state of the panel, I'm thinking I'd like to do a full replacement with something that can also incorporate some battery monitoring (I've got 2 batteries on a 1, 2, & both switch).

I'm thinking of going with a Blue-Sea Systems replacement with at least a 12-position option (up from the current 9). Does anyone have some recommendations on panel provider before I drop several Benjamins?

Thanks!

ThurstonCounty
http://sailingvamos.com

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If you enter 'panel' or 'breaker panel' into the search function (upper right, this page), there are many great articles by other members. Many responses are about the engine panel, but there are also a lot about the main DC/AC distribution panels in many different boats.
Pour yourself a cup of coffee, and settle down to read and bookmark/save/copy some of these.
While no two solutions are going to be quite the same, there is a lot of commonality in the projects.

ThurstonCounty

Member I
If you enter 'panel' or 'breaker panel' into the search function (upper right, this page), there are many great articles by other members. Many responses are about the engine panel, but there are also a lot about the main DC/AC distribution panels in many different boats.
Pour yourself a cup of coffee, and settle down to read and bookmark/save/copy some of these.
While no two solutions are going to be quite the same, there is a lot of commonality in the projects.
Hey Loren,

Thanks! I did a cursory look but perhaps was not doing it correctly. No need for coffee, more like a good G&T!!!

ThurstonCounty

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hey Loren,

Thanks! I did a cursory look but perhaps was not doing it correctly. No need for coffee, more like a good G&T!!!

ThurstonCounty
I just tried Breaker Panel and got maybe 50 links to try. I did not count them all, but it took a bit of scrolling to view them all.