electric auxiliary power

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Does anyone know anything about using electric for auxiliary power? Has anyone here installed a system? I need a new outboard and the idea of an electric motor is intriguing. This would be for my E23 mk1, so it's just a tiny little hull to push through the water.

Thanks, Mark

Last edited:

Sven

Seglare
Originally posted by Mark F
Does anyone know anything about using electric for auxiliary power? Has anyone here installed a system? I need a new outboard and I the idea of an electric motor is intriguing. This would be for my E23 mk1, so it's just a tiny little hull to push through the water.

Thanks, Mark

I very seriously looked at
<http://www.ozecodrive.com/english/index_e.html>

but battery requirements for anything other than in-harbor maneuvering would be impractical. If we were sailing with no "Monday return to work" deadlines it would be perfect !

-Sven

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks Sven,

I checked out that link, very interesting. I like the regenerative capabilities.

Mark

Bill Hearsey

A few weeks ago on E-bay, there was an E27 from Port Ludlow Wa. listed with electric power. As I remember, they said it would do about 5 kts. with a 5 hour range. Maybe some one saw this listing and can add to my memory.

Bill Hearsey
E 27 - Little Rosscoe