E38 Head Faucet

WBurgner

Member III
I have a head faucet that has one of the plastic knobs stripped allowing it to turn without opening the tap. Replacement knobs don't seem to match up well enough to work, so I will replace the whole faucet set.

If I get a household faucet set will the fittings make for a direct connection or am I in for another long drawn out process of mixing and matching tubing connections until I get it right? I have to say that it is not easy for me to get up in that area to see what is there, let alone get tools in there.

Any comments/suggestions from those who have gone before me?

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
I got a new set at an RV dealer. It wasn't too expensive and fit perfectly. I can't recall the exact measurement. It isn't easy to work under there, but the process was the same as replacing a faucet under the sink in a house.

Frank

dwigle

Member III
I bought mine from the hardware store, same with the galley, and can't remember any problems. As I recall, they both bolted right in. Of course, there is still a hole in it where the drain control would have come through which might bother some.

Don Wigle
Wiggle Room
E 38 #8
Pt. Richmond, CA

Glyn Judson

Gaining easy access to your faucet.

Bill, Assuming that you can remove your sink as I can in our E31, it then makes the job a matter of minutes to remove the old and install the new. Consider rebedding the lip on the sink while you're at it too. Good luck, Glyn Judson, E312 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
the standard for all faucets is the same 1/2 " pipe, and a 4" center on a bath faucet. the same as a RV or boat

Last edited:

CSMcKillip

Dan the luck, mine has been a good vodka, crushed rasberries, splash of sprit with rasberry lemonaid out of the can. But nothing beets a good rum.

Thanks for all of your wisdom on the threads, great reading knowledge.

Shaggy

Member II
Howdy, Bill -

Just replaced the bath faucet last week in my E38.

Here is a link to the faucet I used.

http://www.campingworld.com/shoppin...atory-faucet-with-clear-plastic-handles/49499

It was a plug-n-play installation with the stock plumbing and not too much hassle, even with the limited work space. Pull the adjacent drawer out for more wrenching room....

P.S. I installed on of these showerheads a couple of years ago and it works GREAT!!!

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/oxygenics-body-spa-rv-showerheads/5006

No connection to these folks. Just happy so far with these two purchases.

Good luck with yours!!

Shaggy

WBurgner

Member III
Thanks for the replies

Sounds like it will go smoothly. Thanks for the motivational boost everyone.

Shaggy, does that shower head come with the hose? Hose and control? Mine is working OK but there is a kink in the hose near the control that may give way soon. Changing now, before it leaks, might be a good idea.

Shaggy

Member II
The showerhead came complete with hose, but I believe I had to buy the wall-mounted holder separately. (It shows up as an accessory on the same web page)

Shower works great! It is miserly with water but puts out a nice strong shower flow. The holder even keeps it hung on the wall during a blustery beat to Catalina. Hose fitting matched what was in the boat.

Good luck with your installation. Shouldn't take you more than an hour for both (famous last words....)!

Shaggy