E38-200 mid boom sheeting question

celtium

Member III
Ted,

I like your set-up, however, the guy at the garhauer suggested using a triple at the traveller, then a single with becket above and singles front and back. I'm thinking your set-up is a 'finer' i.e. more pull on the sheet than a gross pull, a little less winching perhaps?

Also, with the sheet going down to the mast plate, do you find that to be a vang effect? I am trying to figure a way to bring the sheet from the forward sheet block back 180' to the traveller track onto a single and back into the cockpit. Maybe mount the block on the track on the starboard side?

Opine?

Jay

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
The block on the traveler is a triple with a becket, but I suppose the g-haur recommendation would be fine too. Most trimming done without winch, just last bit to go up hill or in breeze. Biggest thing is to use bearing blocks not sheave blocks and to use fresh line. I used staset but there are better choices. Probably could run faster with 3/8 too. I went with 7/16 to be easier on the hands but I think sean wurzner did something like this and used 3/8.

celtium

Member III
Hi Ted,

Thanks for the input. I ordered the g-haur blocks with your setup. Will install this weekend and take some pictures.

Do you have any thoughts on how to run the sheet down to the traveler car directly from the last of the actual sheet blocks without running forward to the mast? I'm going to look at that as well as it would surely clean up that area.

Thanks - Jay