E35 looking for a new owner!

Anna Salen

It is the end of an era for us. We have to part with our beloved Ericson 35, Anna Selene. Should I find a broker? Or should I put an ad in Latitude 38? What kind of market is there for a well loved boat? It is currently in our slip at South Beach Marina. We would love to hear your comments.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
It is the end of an era for us. We have to part with our beloved Ericson 35, Anna Selene. Should I find a broker? Or should I put an ad in Latitude 38? What kind of market is there for a well loved boat? It is currently in our slip at South Beach Marina. We would love to hear your comments.
I would suggest placing an ad in the For Sale/Wanted section of this site - along with an inventory and a bunch of pictures (multiple posts). It will likely save you 10% of the sales price that you would have to pay to a broker otherwise, and you have a corral of Ericson-interested people coming here all the time.

//sse

Anna Salen

I would suggest placing an ad in the For Sale/Wanted section of this site - along with an inventory and a bunch of pictures (multiple posts). It will likely save you 10% of the sales price that you would have to pay to a broker otherwise, and you have a corral of Ericson-interested people coming here all the time.

//sse
Thank you Sean for pointing me in the right direction! But, I feel like such a boob. I can't seem to find the for sale/wanted section?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Click on Forums, then look down the list of general forums, and you should see the For Sale forum.
Depending on cost, it's always good to publicize widely, as you never know which posting a buyer might see and respond to.
Good luck.
If you have other questions just ask.
Loren