E35 driveshaft/tranny/engine issue

Barr88

Member II
Being that the engine compartment in the E35 MkII is pretty far forward I assume it creates problems with the angle of the engine-tranny-driveshaft connections. I have a pretty good oil leak and it seems to be coming from the tranny- driveshaft connection. Was wondering if anyone has had this problem. I'm hoping not to hear that the solution is to adjust the motor mounts. I just spent 2 days cleaning the bilge so I want to fix this as soon as possible.
Hope someone has some ideas
I also have almost no power in forward but plenty in reverse. Possibly a problem with engaging into forward and needs a tranny adjustment.

I know next to nothing about this engine stuff. Just the basic maintenance

Thanks to any advice in advance

chtaylor

Member II
Do you have an Atomic 4 engine? If so, http://www.moyermarine.com/ is a valuable resource for DIY assistance with that engine. If you have good access to the top of the engine, the transmission (aka: reversing gear) is not too hard to adjust and Moyer's website has instructions and sells a manual. Also, be sure to check the gasket on the reversing gear cover for your oil leak. It's easily replaced.

Make sure that you're really putting the engine into forward. There is a really strong detent and putting the engine into forward should require a lot of force. I found this out the hard way when I first got my boat.

All of this assumes that you have an Atomic 4 like I do in my E32-2. If not ... never mind.

Charles

Last edited: