E35-2 lower shrouds

beachologist

Member I
The tie down plates on my 35-2 were removed. On the port side there are filled in holes, under where the tie down plate was, in the main bulkhead that I imagine belonged to a chainplate type attachment for the tie down plate. On the starboard side I have a built in liqour cabinet and I don't see any filled holes under where the tie down plate would have gone. So my question is also - How are the tie down plates connected?

Dave Neptune

Member II
Creeking

My ole 1970 began creeking many years ago. It was the bulkheads creeping in the slots of the overhead supports. They were originally set in a rubbery gasket like material. To fix I scraped around under and behind where I could around the tops of the bulkhean and then injected a thickened epoxy bead along the seams and let is sit~no more creeking:egrin:. I have now done most of the bulkheads and will do the rest as time permits. I use my boat a lot and we sit on the mooring at Catalina quite often and when rocking she is now quiet.

My shroud plates are a one piece construction with the chain plates welded in place and bolted to the bulkheads. Mine is a 1970 model and I doubt they made many changes to them during the production yeays. I have seen a couple of 35's over the years that removed the doubles for a single lower and a better cabinet for booze etc.

Dave Neptune :cool: