E35-2 Galley Modification

enkramer

Solace is a 1979 E35-2 (Hull #570) with the standard galley arrangement (see below). As shown, the original Galley Maid pressurized stove/oven combo is still in place under the forward countertop, although the canisters are long gone and it's no longer operable. I initially planned to replace the Galley Maid unit with the Origo 6000 stove/oven, but considering the primary use (Sea Scouts) and location (Houston), I'm questioning how many times I'd actually want to fire up a furnace on board rather than grilling outside.

My current thought is to install a two-burner Origo stove under the countertop and then convert the space formerly occupied by the oven to some type of storage. If anyone has seen or done this before, I'd really appreciate input. Thanks.

5996084_20161107133138119_1_XLARGE.jpg

Glyn Judson

The stove dilemma and a possible solution.

Dear friend, Years ago a good sailing friend and his wife tossed out their old, problematic, 2-burner alcohol cooker aboard their E27 and for mere pocket change, came up with a far better fix. He made a nice looking, functional cutting board that fit into the hole left by the old cooker. He bought an affordable single burner butane cooker that he permanently screwed through the sheet metal, hard plastic feet and partially into the wooden cutting board. They mostly eat out when at the boat so that little feller has worked well for them on the rare occasion they need to make coffee, etc. Wait, here's the most clever yet simple part. The cutting board locks securely into the aperture and when not being used, flips over and stows out of sight leaving a large, uncluttered work space above. Hmmm, cut the legs and other food stuffs, flip up the stove and cook away. Here's an example of the burner he used: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/1-b...ogleShopping&gclid=COqPnZ-E0NMCFUlNfgodcSAGWw If needed, you could even buy two of them or get a 2 burner model. Now, that's just flat out smart if you ask me. Cheers, Glyn Judson E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA