E34 Kenyon Mast

Richard Elliott

Member III
My 1989 E34 mast has two extra exit slots, one on each side of the mast, apparently with messenger lines tied to washers. Are there sheaves for these at the masthead? I need to install a spinnaker halyard.

CaptnNero

Accelerant
My 1989 E34 mast has two extra exit slots, one on each side of the mast, apparently with messenger lines tied to washers. Are there sheaves for these at the masthead? I need to install a spinnaker halyard.

There's one aft sheave for the main halyard and three forward sheaves for the genoa and two spinnakers. With all of the sheaves occupied, there is still one empty exit port near the bottom. I'd really like to have a spare main halyard but there isn't room in the aft of the mast peak for another sheave. In fact it's a pretty tight fit trying to route a replacement main halyard over the sheave.

I may be going up the mast this weekend. If I do I'll take some pictures.

Last edited:

cawinter

Member III
Wing halyards

I use the center one (w/ restrainer/retainer block) for the roller furling jib, and the port wing halyard works great for the asymmetrical spinaker. There is a bit of an override on the middle but I have no chafe so far. WOrks great. I left the stbd wing halyard un-rigged with just a messenger.