E32 vs E32

Bardo

Member II
A newbie question: What is the difference between E 32, E 32-200 and E32-300? I gather that the last 2 are newer models, but it isn't clear from the ads that I am reading.
Thanks,
Freeman

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
32 Feet of Ericson...

A newbie question: What is the difference between E 32, E 32-200 and E32-300? I gather that the last 2 are newer models, but it isn't clear from the ads that I am reading.
Thanks,
Freeman

First Ericson 32 was a very different looking boat in the 60's, and usually called the Mk1 -- not too many are around. Check out this thread: http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=3770&referrerid=28

The long production run of the familiar E-32/2, was from late 60's -- early 70's... to about '79 or 80.
By the early-mid 80's they started building a completely redesigned 32 model that became available with two different interiors, the forward-head E-32-3, and the aft-head ("tri cabin") E-32-200.

I am probably off a bit in which years these started and stopped... but
others can fill in the details better.

AFAIK, there is no such thing as a "300."

Now, just to add confusion, when PSC bought up the tooling for the late 80's 32/200, the 34, and the 38/200, they changed the model designations a bit.
I believe that they called the E-32/200 the model E-330.
Anyone else? Help!
Class??

Regards,
Loren

Last edited:

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Close Enough. :) I think PSC called it an E-333... some kind of mythical beast that they probably only made a couple of at best.

Theres a lot of confusion with the names of them... best way to tell them apart is the year.

You can check out TPEnders (who's a member here) site http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Concourse/8326/ericson.htm which has more information that you'd ever want on E32s.

Last edited:

ChrisS

Member III
Practical Sailor

The Practical Sailor review gives a general overview of and differences between the 32-2 and 32-3.