E32 Rub rail replacement. Help!!

Chris Knudsen

Member II
Hello. My boat was sitting at the dock when someone came by at high speed and the wake rocked my boat pretty good and broke off a chunk of my rub rail and the end cap. I realize that factory replacements are unavailable but does anyone have a good aftermarket source? I can't seem to find one that is similar in profile to the one i have. Thanks!

Chris Knudsen

Member II
Are there really no options out there? I can't be the first guy thats needed to replace a rub rail on one of these boats but the lack of response has me worried.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Individual choice for looks ... and cost

I used a Taco vinyl profile with a stainless steel insert that would fit over the hull-deck joint (I have an '80 E38). The joint had to be ground in height and thickness (a little) here and there along the length to allow the profile to fit flush to the hull on top and bottom. There are a number of profiles for SS (or rubber or aluminum) inserts to choose from, and some with no inserts. It helps to know what your hull-deck joint looks like and take a look at your budget, especially if you hire a yard to help.

The vinyl came in 20' lengths and the SS inserts in 12" lengths. (And hot dogs are 10 to a package and buns are 12 to a package). Shipping, if needed, can be expensive as a result. Good luck. Mine looks great.