E32 Freshwater Leak

SeaDog

Member II
E32 Freshwater Tank/Plumbing

The aluminum freshwater tank on my 1978 E32 is located under the Vee-berth with copper pipes run aft under the fiberglass floor then into the bilge where they connect with vinyl hose then lead ultimately to the pump under the sink. A separate fresh water pipe runs back forward to the sink in the head. There is no access to the pipes once they leave the bilge area. There is no access to the point where the tubing connects to the aluminum tank.

Alas, I have a freshwater leak somewhere forward of the bilge… either in the tubing… or the connection between tubing and tank or, less likely, in the tank. The tubing seems to lead aft along the port side, then under the head platform before it is finally visible midway in the forward bilge area. (see pictures). I am assuming that the connection to the water tank is on the port side of the tank as there is only about ¾ inch clearance between the tank and the forward bulkhead and between the tank and the aft bulkhead. The plywood separating tanks and storage and the vee-berth is fiberglassed in place.

I plan on cutting an access hole just to the port side of the tank to see what I can see. Any suggestions from those of you that may have experienced similar problems?
:esad: :egrin:

Attachments

• Uff Da water tank.jpg
    Uff Da water tank.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Bilge fresh water leak from forward.jpg
    Bilge fresh water leak from forward.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 99