E30+ INTERMITTENT STARTING PROBLEMS

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
noticed the trailer hitches getting wash during our our trials today

Wash meaning water? The trailer connectors are ordinarily in the engine bay and near the cockpit panel, sort of protected from spray. But perhaps I misunderstood (that happened once).

noticed the trailer hitches getting wash during our our trials today

Wash meaning water? The trailer connectors are ordinarily in the engine bay and near the cockpit panel, sort of protected from spray. But perhaps I misunderstood (that happened once).
Sorry Christian. Fat fingers, trailer hitches WARM, not wash ‍♀️.

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
After reading all of the comments I vote for new batteries. I'm guessing they are maintenance free batteries, if not how are the water levels? There is a huge difference between lighting a cabin and cranking a diesel motor. If you replace the batteries the worst case scenario is that you have batteries you don't have to worry about while simultaneously eliminating a possibility from your check list. Not long ago I replaced 3 year old batteries on a 45 ft catamaran. The 3 year old maintenance free batteries were bulging and one was leaking. Modern systems tax batteries in ways we underestimate at our peril, as evidenced by the dive boat disaster, burning electric cars, and other events that are making the news.

Last edited:
Sorry Christian. Fat fingers, trailer hitches WARM, not wash …. . Anyway, we just undid change “c” and reconnected the glow plug back to the starter button, and the darn engine STARTED! In the blink of an eye. Engine peeing and everything. Dials working AND lit. It’s warming up as we get ready for her shakedown cruise before we cancel our service call for next week. Excited and thankful once again to this community! Blessings!