E30+ hatch seals

Mikeshield

Member I
Does anyone know the make of the 2 opening ports (in head and oposite above hanging locker) which were standard fitting for a 1981 ericson 30+. (at least i think they are original with aluminum frames).Mine are in need of new rubber seals and i cannot work out the manufacturer. Lewmar seals do not fit.Any suggestions would be Welcome.Thanks,Mike.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
If they are the original windows you are probably out of luck. Lewmar does make a window that is slightly larger that would be an easy replacement with a little enlarging of the opening in the cabin top. Those original ports on my 30+ were replaced with Lewmar's before I bought the boat. They have now been superceded by a newer version, but mine still work fine.

What I have learned when dealing with the original windows is that for the time and expense involved in trying to refurbish or repair them it is most likely worth the cost to replace them.

On another note, my 30+ was originally located in San Francisco!

Last edited:

KanH

Member II
I was able to replace the seals on my existing frames last year. Select Plastics in Norwalk Ct sells a variety of styles and shapes with self adhesive backing by the yard. Once the old stripping and glue were removed the new one went on with little difficulty. so far there hasn't been any leaks from them. The portholes themselves are another story.