E29 Rumkin on the trailer for the winter

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
I hauled Rumkin for the winter and brought her home for repairs. A bottom job that is much needed after my two and a half years of ownership and the PO had not had her out since 1998. The bottom will be stripped to the bare hull and blisters ground and filled and barrier coat and hard bottom paint.

Attachments

• 1q.jpg
    1q.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 94

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
I hauled Rumkin for the winter and brought her home for repairs. A bottom job that is much needed after my two and a half years of ownership and the PO had not had her out since 1998. The bottom will be stripped to the bare hull and blisters ground and filled and barrier coat and hard bottom paint.

nice pics Randy...tell me, what is the ttl aprox weight of boat and trailer? what do you pull the rig with?...:nerd:

SAILSHIGH

Member III
Whats pulling that boat

That looks to me like a Cheverolet Z71 4WD pickup.

What a killer trailor. Wish I had one for my E29.

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
That would be a GMC (Profesional Grade) Z71. The truck is rated at 8700 and the boat is about 8500 so that leaves 2000 pounds for the trailer. I suspect the boat and trailer are about 10500 give or take 500. There was one hill that is long and a tall climb that slowed me to 40 MPH and in second gear (automatic). Other than that I could forgottn that the boat was behind me for the seventy mile pull.
For the setup we measured the drop of the back bumper with 400 pounds on the bumper 7/8 of an inch (a friend and I) and loaded just a little over that by shifting the boat position on the trailer.

I plan to add a keel guide and a bow rest on the trailer that will lock the nose in place so the boat will be in exactly the same place each time when loaded. four inches front to back make a world of difference in tongue weight. Our club has a lift and that helped in positioning the boat properly.

Does anyone have a tabernacle mast step on a 29 or something close? I have the 27 tabernacle plans and plan to build one for the 29.

I will post pictures of the bottom job and the airconditioning build in as I go.

Last edited: