E29 Microwave Install?

Gmilburn

Member III
Has anyone replaced the standard alcohol two-burner stove with a microwave? I have an E-29 and since we dont cruise (were landlocked) and spend nights docked at the slip with full electrical power--I think it would clearly be more useful to us. Im sure we would have to sacrifice a drawer--but the admiral thinks it is worth the price. I have searched the web and it looks like the smallest microwave is a 0.5 cubic feet--which I think would suit our needs fine. Any conversion pics or hard-knock experiences would be greatly appreciated. Ive include a pic of our galley cabinet layout.

Thanks so much!

Gary
Hydrophilic 1977 E-29 Hull 515
Rogers, AR

Attachments

• ericson galley.jpg
    ericson galley.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 57

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
I put one into the bulkhead between the galley and cockpit of my 35-2 a couple years ago. the first thought was for size. I found that they are assured by capacity not outside dimension, and that a .5,.6 and.7 are all the same outside dimension so opted for the .7. as for brand i got a chef mate from the local target for $39 on the theory that in the salt water environment that it will only last a few years and would need replacing no matter what the quality, and with a custom hole it needed to be of a common size so when replacement inevitably comes any replacement brand will do. good luck Edd