E27 Rubrail question

ChspkeBaySailor

I have a 1977 E27 that needs a rubrail replaced, anyone know of somewhere that may have decent used rubrails? Right now I'm hoping to find just a few feet to replace the section that was damaged, otherwise I'll have to buy 40' of it new.
Thanks.

tgibson

I dont know about the used rubrail, but would be interested in where to get a new one for install. Do you have a source? Is it specifically for the E-27?

Sailsteve

Ericson Rub Rail

I'm going through the same thing myself with my 1981 E-36. I'm not sure if your boat has the same structure as mine, but I think it might. My boat has a deck to hull sandwich construction. There is a lip that sticks out horizontally from the hull with the deck lip on top and the hull on the bottom. It sticks out about a half inch. Wrapped over that lip is a rub rail attached by screws. I am in the process of replacing the whole thing. Ericson sent me a sample piece of rail that they are currently using on the new E-38. It was way too large for my boat. I went on the web and discovered TACO Marine ( http://www.tacomarine.com ). They have a full line of rubrails and offer video instructions about how to replace. I am currently awaiting some sample sizes in the mail. I think their product will work on my boat.

Steve Schwartz
Ericson 36
Glory Days

Marty Siefka

E27 Rubrail Source

The rubrail for the E27 is available from Wefco Rubber in Canoga, CA - Phone (818) 886-8872, www.wefcorubber.com.

The part # for our particular shape (for the E27) is 788.0, and is available in white or black.

Wefco is a specialty gasket manufacturer, and they also have the gasket for the portlights, which like to be replaced as well.

Good luck!

Sailsteve

WEFCO

Marty ...

Thanks for the WEFCO lead. They make extrusions to size for about the same or less money than TACO! I ordered 70 feet of a style that fits over the hull to deck joint on the boat, they even will create a bent piece to fit over the bow. Great!.

Steve Schwartz