E27 hatch puzzle

When I acquired my E27 I there was just a board covering the front hatchway. The previous owner removed the hatch and had a new one constructed. The only thing is I was handed all or some of the hardware in a zip-lock and a new hatch with some pre drilled holes in the plexi with no idea how it is supposed to all come together.:esad: I could not find any detail of the hatch assembly in any of the manuals.

Does anyone have a decent sketch or photos to help me out. I am in need of exterior and interior information.:confused:

Jeff

jeffthornton@hotmail.com

hcpookie

Member III
You should be able to match up the hasp pieces. If it is like my '75 E27, you have a hinged, threaded bolt on the bottom front of the hatch. The bolt has a wing nut, and a matching clasp under which the wing nut can be located to prevent the hatch from being opened.

I also have a push rod with a knob that holds the hatch open. The knob lets you adjust height.

Other than that, the rear hinges complete the package. Not really too much to mine. Yours may of course be totally different...