E27 diesel replacement of Atomic 4

shammwari

Has anyone got a Diesel in an E27 and what model is it? I have an atomic 4 that sat full of water for a year until I recently bought it. 2 pistons were siezed and half the valves are rusted to the guides. The carb and air box are missing, and the piston rod ends are way too sloppy. It needs a +10 rebore and with all the parts it makes more sense to get a running used motor.
Hess works in the next marina but suggests a rebuilt is about $6000 Can.
The local paper has a 25 HP Farryman for $1700 and a 10 HP Bukh for about the same.
Will either of these fit and what extra parts will I need - besides the adaptor to lint to the prop shaft.
I would like to find an Atomic 4 someone has removed for a diesel replacement but they seem to be scarce right now.

John Gleadle
Vancouver BC

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
If you are interested, I may be able to help you with an A4.

I bought it from Moyer Marine (the biggest name in A4s on the east coast with a very reliable reputation) rebuilt with all new components for $4000. It got partially flooded with fresh water (rain) in the hurricane, but they have fixed it up for $600. It has not been run since the rebuild, and should be in very good shape.

I am having to mothball my boat while I go back on military duty for a year, and am not sure about storage for the engine, so if you want it, maybe I shoud let it go.

Contact me at harrisgareth@mmode.com

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972