E27 bilge pump

dc27

have boat, need time
i'm upgrading the systems on my "new" E27, including the bilge pump. it's currently outfitted with a Rule 1500 gph model of indeterminate age and wear. it seems to work fine enough, but i'm planning to swap in a new one and keep the current one as a spare for emergencies.

question: following the rule of "smaller the boat, bigger the pump," should i upgrade to a 2000 gph pump or larger, or is the 1,500 sufficient? i'm told that Rule is a very good make, in any event.

BrianP

Member II
i'm upgrading the systems on my "new" E27, including the bilge pump. it's currently outfitted with a Rule 1500 gph model of indeterminate age and wear. it seems to work fine enough, but i'm planning to swap in a new one and keep the current one as a spare for emergencies.

question: following the rule of "smaller the boat, bigger the pump," should i upgrade to a 2000 gph pump or larger, or is the 1,500 sufficient? i'm told that Rule is a very good make, in any event.

pick up the winter 2006 - 07 Boat works magizine has good article on bilge pumps and tests the 1500 rule wich performed poorly.