E26 gooseneck pin.

NW26

Member II
When I got my 1987 26’, the boom was in the cabin and the associated boom to gooseneck pin was missing. The pin would need to be 1” in diameter unless there is missing bushings or something as well. I’ll post pics later unless someone knows right away what I need. My mast/boom are white if that helps identify a brand.

Thanks I’m advance.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
When I got my 1987 26’, the boom was in the cabin and the associated boom to gooseneck pin was missing. The pin would need to be 1” in diameter unless there is missing bushings or something as well. I’ll post pics later unless someone knows right away what I need. My mast/boom are white if that helps identify a brand.

Thanks I’m advance.

Is it possible that the previous owner reinserted the pin at the gooseneck after removing the boom? Sometimes you get lucky. :)
Frank

KS Dave

Dastardly Villain
Blogs Author
I looked and I don't have a close-up of that exact part, but I did have my boom off over the summer and I only remember 1 pin and a cotter pin to hold it on; no bushings. I recall it being tricky to get back on (a third hand would have been helpful). However, I have a Kenyon mast, so not sure if it's the same setup. There were several variations on engines, spars, and several other parts over the few years the E26 was made.

Afrakes

Sustaining Member

Thanks I’m advance.
Take a picture of the goose neck fitting on the boom and the fitting on the mast. That way we can get you some useful info.

NW26

Member II
The i.d. is 1.0” Here’s a pic of the boom end fitting. 1” seems really big to me if it’s a solid pin. Maybe a tube??

Attachments

• 122C62BE-3DBA-4AAF-875F-8D4E7E74EFFA.jpeg
    122C62BE-3DBA-4AAF-875F-8D4E7E74EFFA.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 13

KS Dave

Dastardly Villain
Blogs Author
That boom doesn't look a thing like the Kenyon boom on my 1984 E26-2.
Agreed. That's not a Kenyon.

From the link @Christian Williams sent, this looks pretty close:

Isomat conversion set NB26 boom

A Sparcraft Isomat, perhaps? RigRite has a bunch of parts that look like this - I'd send them some pictures for help, too.

If this is what it is, it appears there's a bigger cylinder that goes horizontally and a vertical pin that goes through that for attachment.

Last edited: