E26-3 pumpout deck fitting size

Russell Stamets

I'm having trouble finding a waste pumpout adapter that will fit the deck fitting on my '88 E26. The only 1 1/2" diameter adapter that I can find (Nozall) has a different thread. Does any one know where I might find a different adapter that might fit? I thought I'd check before I replace the fitting.

Russell
E26 #377 Valhalla

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Is this the one?

Check with Pompanette, distributors of Hood parts. I believe that your deck fill was like our factory ones from '88, like the picture I dragged over from their web site.
http://www.pompanette.com/pompweb.n...a1da4a7f0ae4eba2852567ca00606ea0?OpenDocument

And, I still do not know what the thread size is, having cargo-shifted my old ones to another Ericson owner on the east coast....

Cheers,
Loren

Attachments

• 0.7C.gif
    0.7C.gif
    45.5 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

Kevin Vine

I think it's probably Sea Dog

I had the same problem on my '84 E26-2. Kerplunk. It took several trips back and forth to the local chandlery, but I eventually found one, and it was re-manufactured by Sea Dog.

This may be what you're looking for:
http://www.sea-dog.com/PDF/351260.pdf

Neither the Sea Dog replacement nor the Ericson original are of very good quality... surprising in what is otherwise a quality boat.

On another note, I am unfamiliar of the E26-3... yours is the first reference I've seen.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
On another note, I am unfamiliar of the E26-3... yours is the first reference I've seen.

On this one point... For the sake of precision, some might call the very first 60's era Crealock design Ericson 26 the Mk 1 (flush deck) the second far-more-common version of that boat with a trunk cabin the Mk2, and the later 80's King design ("modern" fractional rig, like a scaled-down E-28 or E-30+) the Mk3.

That's a guess, anyway... and subject to revision...
:rolleyes:

Loren

Kevin Vine

On this one point... For the sake of precision, some might call the very first 60's era Crealock design Ericson 26 the Mk 1 (flush deck) the second far-more-common version of that boat with a trunk cabin the Mk2, and the later 80's King design ("modern" fractional rig, like a scaled-down E-28 or E-30+) the Mk3.

A reasonable enough explanation, Loren! PHRF-NW doesn't differential between Mk 1 and Mk 2 as suggested above, referring to both (I surmise) as ERIC26-1 and the King design as ERIC26-2.

u079721

Contributing Partner
I'm having trouble finding a waste pumpout adapter that will fit the deck fitting on my '88 E26. The only 1 1/2" diameter adapter that I can find (Nozall) has a different thread. Does any one know where I might find a different adapter that might fit? I thought I'd check before I replace the fitting.

Russell
E26 #377 Valhalla

I too wondered about this some years ago, but couldn't find one.

At the time I worked in a building with a machine shop, and one winter I took the cap from the deck pump out (to match the threads) and a regular pump out fitting for reference, and asked the staff if they could match it in the threads I needed. They made one from a block of nylon, which worked great for a year or so.

Then it must have swollen or something because it became very difficult to turn. So eventually I gave up and just bought a new standard deck pump out fitting and installed it. Made life easier all around when I stopped by various places for pump outs, and I recommend you bite the bullet anddo the same.

Russell Stamets

E26 -3? new fitting

Thanks to all for the info. It is indeed an adapter I was looking for to work with the existing deck fitting. I suspected I should just replace it and u have helped confirm it. FYI, Loren's pompanette site's fittings look closest to mine, although all of mine have the star head for a winch handle.

As for the Ericson 26-3 reference, I may be in error; I could've sworn I'd seen my '88 wing keel referred to as a 300 series somewhere in the documentation. I think I just assumed that it was what came after the 26-2, all the examples of which I'd seen were older.

Let me know if you think I've invented a new model :)

Russell Stamets
E26-? Valhalla