E23-II original mainsail repurpose ideas

Tim C

Tim C
I am new to the forum as I just purchased a '76 E23-II. I have an original mainsail with logo and numbering that I am wondering what I can do with. Any ideas or examples of re-purposing an old sail? Incorporate in a cockpit sunshade design, flag, sailbag, etc. Photos attached (yeah, I know, sails on a driveway... not a good idea).

Tim C.
Niagara, WI
Home port Oconto, WI
1976 Ericson 23-II (ERY23360M76H)

Attachments

• Ericson 23-II Main Sail 2.jpg
    Ericson 23-II Main Sail 2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Ericson 23-II Main Sail.jpg
    Ericson 23-II Main Sail.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 80

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I am new to the forum as I just purchased a '76 E23-II. I have an original mainsail with logo and numbering that I am wondering what I can do with. Any ideas or examples of re-purposing an old sail? Incorporate in a cockpit sunshade design, flag, sailbag, etc. Photos attached (yeah, I know, sails on a driveway... not a good idea).

Tim C.
Niagara, WI
Home port Oconto, WI

When I used to fly down to the annual SailExpo in Oakland a few years ago, there was always a booth for a company that was selling duffles and totes (and etc.) made out of used sails. IIRC they would take your old sail and make stuff out it for you. Or, take sail donations to use to produce their products, as well.

Some 'net searching might be in order.

Loren

hmt

Tim C.
Niagara, WI
Home port Oconto, WI

Hi Tim
If you still have it. I want to buy it for my E23-2. Mine was built in 1975 and the number is 255. Thanks. Hoang