E23 Actual Weight on Trailer

nplusplus

I'm considering a 1975 E23 MK2 Centerboard, and am curious to hear from forum members about the total weight of this boat with trailer. Anyone weighed theirs? The seller of this boat says he weighed it on a truck scale at 5500lbs. This is on the original steel trailer. That seems pretty high, given the displacement of 3200-3300lbs. Is the original trailer that heavy? Does this seem reasonable for this boat or do you think this might indicate an issue?

Thanks!

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
I used to own a San Juan 23, fin keel model, that weighed 3300 lbs. When I weighed it at a truck scale, the boat on the double axle trailer weighed 5200 lbs. with not much by way of extra contents. So his statement may be accurate.
If you get a reply from an owner of an Ericson 23, I would think that would give you even better information.

Tempest

Member I
I used to own a San Juan 23, fin keel model, that weighed 3300 lbs. When I weighed it at a truck scale, the boat on the double axle trailer weighed 5200 lbs. with not much by way of extra contents. So his statement may be accurate.
If you get a reply from an owner of an Ericson 23, I would think that would give you even better information.
Interesting. I had assumed my E23 didn't weigh much more than 5000lbs on the trailer but I'll have to go weigh it.