e-38 150 Genny Pics

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Finally took a few shots of the new 150 from Quantum. Love this sail. Sorry the shots are crummy from my phone. Have 1 more week before the boat hauls for the winter so I will try and get some with the good camera.

Attachments

• ATT733975.jpg
    ATT733975.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 99
  • ATT734164.jpg
    ATT734164.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 77
  • ATT734499.jpg
    ATT734499.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 100

Roger Ware

Member III
150 genoa

Hi Ted - nice looking sail - how common is it to have a tell tale window like yours - I have not seen one recently? Also, apologies if you already explained this somewhere, but 150 sounds kind of big for a sail you might race with. I have a 135 cruising genoa and I go to reefed main in about 16-18 knots then start reefing the genoa in say, 20+ knots. Or is this strictly a light air sail?

Cheers, Roger

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I can't comment on how common the tell tale window is. I asked for one as i like to be able to see both tales easily and sometimes when the sun is low it can be hard to see one side. 150 is maybe a little big but I sail on the Chesapeake and with the exception of spring and fall we have generally light air (5-10kts). I have a hydraulic backstay and can really flatten this genoa out in breeze. I also move the car back to twist off the top. I reef the main pretty early when we do get breeze but have not yet had the opportunity to reef this genoa having only flown it a handfull of times. The cloth is fairly robust so it is not a strickly light air sail. It is made fro Dimension Polyant's CXT laminate and is I believe a combination of 5 and 6 oz. cloth.

Peregrine

Member II
e-38 150 Genny

Nice looking sail, Ted. In the pics it looks like you have the sheets leading Through the inboard tracks. I have a 155 and have started leading sheets through the outboard tracks on anything but a beat. It seems to open the slot more for reaching. Any thoughts?

Tony
Peregrine Spirit
E-380 PSC Hull #16
San Diego