E-29 waterlift muffler

Ray Hughes

Member I
I would like to replace the OEM type standpipe exhaust on my E-29 with a waterlift muffler. Any suggestions as to placement and plumbing?
Thanks, Ray Hughes.

Emerald

Guy Stevens

Prefer Verna Lift

I have installed and been bunkmates with a lot of different water lift style mufflers. My favorite by far are the Verna Lift models.

I have had some bad experiences with the Vetus Brand Mufflers.

I have a wonderful PDF file on installations of the Verna Lift models, and have found them to be wonderful on the phone support also.

Guy
:)

Attachments

• Vernalift Installation.pdf
    74.8 KB · Views: 598

Emerald

Hi Guy,

please be more specific on the problems you've had on the Vetus (have I just been lucky). Also, what design differences do you prefer on the Verna Lift models?

Thanks

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Guy Stevens

I try to avoid negative comments...

I have had several Vetus units catch fire. This occurs in a surprisingly short time when the water supply is cut off. (Say from a bag over the intake or something). They don't seem to light the surrounding boat on fire, but they do burn, and make some really nasty fumes while burning. Should the water come back on, well then we have a taking on water problem. They also seem to have a tendency to crack as they get older.

Neither problem have I experienced with the Vernalift.

Also Vernalift is available in a lot more configurations.

Guy

Last edited:

Emerald

Hi Guy,

really appreciate the response. Would you believe you are confirming the only worry item I ever had on them, but I had no first or second hand knowledge of it happening, so didn't want to do the chicken little routine. :egrin:

Now, back to the drawing board -do I keep my Vetus or get a Vernalift....

-David
Independence 31
Emerald