E-27 For Sale $4,000

gcorneck

1976 E-27: In the last year I've replaced the main, reupholstered all of the interior cushions, added a new enclosed cruising bimini (with removable windows) and aft helmsman, and removed and resealed all of the windows. These upgrades alone cost more than the asking price.

The boat has roller-furling, wheel steering, atomic-4 (good working condition), and electra-san head.

Spent the last 7-years cruising and upgrading the boat before she was damaged when Ernesto made an unexpected hard-landing in Connecticut. Bow stanchion was punched through the deck on the port side and rub railing was damaged in this area. No structural damage noted by surveyor and I sailed her for the remainder of the season. This boat is a steal for someone willing to do a little fiberglass work.

gcorneck

Picture of E-27

Picture of E-27 for Sale. Taken before she was fitted with new cruising bimini and helmsman.

Attachments

• Ericson.jpg
    Ericson.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 107

Big Kahuna

I would like more info please.

Hi,
I would like more info, and pictures on your 27. I am looking to buy an Ericson 27 very soon!

Thank you,
Ian Bishop

1976 E-27: In the last year I've replaced the main, reupholstered all of the interior cushions, added a new enclosed cruising bimini (with removable windows) and aft helmsman, and removed and resealed all of the windows. These upgrades alone cost more than the asking price.

The boat has roller-furling, wheel steering, atomic-4 (good working condition), and electra-san head.

Spent the last 7-years cruising and upgrading the boat before she was damaged when Ernesto made an unexpected hard-landing in Connecticut. Bow stanchion was punched through the deck on the port side and rub railing was damaged in this area. No structural damage noted by surveyor and I sailed her for the remainder of the season. This boat is a steal for someone willing to do a little fiberglass work.

gcorneck

Additional Info on E-27

Electronics: New VHF, depth gauge, knot log, AM/FM

Atomic-4: Well maintained - head and head gasket replaced, new starter, new alternator, new fuel pump, new coil and associated spark plug wires. Engine and house batteries replaced. Starts easily and runs well.

Prop: New prop from Indigo Electronics (http://www.atomic4.com/propeller.html)

Main: Cruisng Main from UK Sail. Purchased 2005. Used less than a dozen times over the last season.

Jib: 130% Genoa on a Harkin Roller. Cleaned and repaired by UK Sails in 2005.

Cruising Bimini and Helmsman: New last winter. Bimini has 7 fully-removable windows to accomodate any type of weather. Helmsman provides the skipper with good protection while accomodating the aft-boom main sheet.

Interior: All cushions reupholstered in a plain solid burgundy Sunbrella fabric. Table converts into a large double bed. Double gas stove for cooking. Head in fitted with a Raritan Lectra San marine sanitation device (http://www.raritaneng.com/products/waste_treatment/lectrasan.html). Toilet pump assembly replaced this past season. All windows removed and fully resealed last season.

Extras: life vests, flare kit, spare main, storm anchor, tri-radial flasher (needs to be fitted to go over the roller furling), exterior cushions.

Planned to sell the boat this year for ~ $12,000.

I'll try and get some additional pictures this weekend. Email me directly with any other questions (graham_corneck@pepperidgefarm.com)

gcorneck

More Pictures of the E-27

Pictures of the damaged areas attached along with some interior shots.

Attachments

• DSCF0028.jpg
    DSCF0028.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF0010.jpg
    DSCF0010.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF0018.jpg
    DSCF0018.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0020.jpg
    DSCF0020.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 88

Quiet Magic

Member II
damage

Have those damaged areas been fixed or are they still in need of attention.
From what I saw in that first picture it's an awsomely beutiful boat.

gcorneck

Structural Repairs Complete...Now Needs Cosmetic Work

Thanks to the beautiful weather we had in Southern Connecticut this weekend, I was able to repair the holes. I began by cutting out the damaged area and grinding down the fiberglass. I then glued and screwed 3/4" ply to the backside of the holes and then glued and screwed 3/4" ply into the holes. I covered the ply with ~ 5-10 layers of Westsystem Epoxy and fiberglass mat. I still need to sand the repair down and reshape a few of the lines, which I hope to get to this upcoming weekend.

If the next owner is inclined, the non-skid will need to be repaired so that it matches the rest of the boat. Given the age of the current non-skid, I would probably redo all of it. The rub railing will also need to be fixed. I think that I can salvage the existing rub railing holder and I just purchased new Ericson rub railing to go around the entire boat.

Still holding the price at $4,000!

ADSHRIV

Member I
E-27 for sale

Do you have a very detailed list of the specifications, capacities, ..... like a manufacturers equipment specifications list?

Coming from West Central Pennsylvania: probably on route 80, what would be the best way to get to your location which is ....?????

Is the boat under cover or outside in the elements, which would hurt my ability to get a good look/inspection.

Is there a cradle with it? One of my problems would be getting it back here.

Do you have any thoughts??

Thanks for your cooperation. You may contact me backchannel at adshriv@verizon.net.

thanks for your help.

Art S.