Drawer Slides

lbertran

Member III
One of the two drawers built into the nav table cabinet on my 35-3 is no longer able to remain shut if the boat heels. I've learned that the drawer slides used by Ericson are Delta Glide 100 and I've found a source for them. But I have a question before I order a replacement set. The Delta Industries site mentions an optional fitting called a Travel Loc that will keep the drawer shut while underway. I don't see any such fitting on my drawer and wonder if I need to purchase. Anyone who has replaced drawer slides have advice? Thanks.

cawinter

Member III
delta Glide

I replaced the delta glide (not sure of the source but I could dig through my stuff). The h/w is just painted and will rust away. I believe I scuffed it up and gave it another coat of paint. The plastic is what it is...it will crack again at some point. I did not use any locking mechanisms other than the one that was on the drawer itself, which holds against an Al lip.

Hope this helps.

lbertran

Member III
Thanks, Chris!

I ordered the drawer slide from an RV supply place. I did order the additional lock just out of curiosity, it was only $3.