Does anybody know?

caribsailor

Anybody know who was the supplier of interior fabric during production ? I have a 1985 E-32 in need of interior cushion repairs and want to keep original look inside. Repairing the 3 cushions instead of complete interior replacement will also help with overall costs. I've looked at 20,000 samples on the internet and found some that are close but not right. I have dark blue speckled with white and a crushed corduroy texture.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That was then, and this is now (Sigh...)

The good news is that I have standard shop color sample sheet for all colors of that material. Our boat used #2207 Teal, if I recall correctly.
The reason that I have the sample sheet with all colors and both dot patterns..... is that in about '96 the upholstery shop that rebuilt all of our cushions and replaced one that was worn a lot had purchased that Last available material in our color - all of it, they told us - and that was only a few yards of the blue.

The maker/supplier was phasing it out.
And so there's your bad news.

If you can find anything similar, this was from Irvin-Alan Fabrics Inc. The weave model was Salute, 54" wide, and Scotchgarded.
Ericson used several different colors, in a red, blue, and spruce (green), all through the 80's. I have personally seen all three of those colors on a variety of Ericson's & Olson's of that era.
Real Good stuff, pretty and long wearing, and I do not know if it ever went back into production anywhere.... kinda doubt it though.

Happy hunting, and DO let us know if you find any!
:rolleyes:

Regards,
Loren

Last edited:

Carefree Sailor

Member II
Anybody know who was the supplier of interior fabric during production ? I have a 1985 E-32 in need of interior cushion repairs and want to keep original look inside. Repairing the 3 cushions instead of complete interior replacement will also help with overall costs. I've looked at 20,000 samples on the internet and found some that are close but not right. I have dark blue speckled with white and a crushed corduroy texture.

You might want to look at a blog entry by Christian (http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoex...it-Shade-Main-Hatch-Cover-Interior-Upholstery). He was able to find a reasonably close match.

caribsailor

Thanks for the info Loren. As you suspected ,, I tried Irvin-Alan and was unsuccessful. I will continue the search and post any results here.

caribsailor

You might want to look at a blog entry by Christian (http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoex...it-Shade-Main-Hatch-Cover-Interior-Upholstery). He was able to find a reasonably close match.

Thanks for that info as well. I found that fabric early in my search and have held onto the possibility of settling for a close match. In separate areas,,, may not be noticed easily ,, but along side existing cushions ,, very noticeable . At least Sunbrella is in production and can do a couple each year until all match. 11 cushions in the salon alone !