Dodger for 32-3

Justin Lee

I am considering adding a dodger to my 1985 E32-3, I live in Utah & there are no canvas shops here that I trust to do this correctly. I will probably look at a shop on the West Coast & was wondering if anyone has had one made for this particular boat...are you happy with it & would you recommend a shop? I would need the shop to either already have a template or be near a marina with a 32-3 available for measuring.

Any help would be appreciated! :egrin:

Thanks
Justin Lee
Gravitystorm
1985 E32-III #635

Tazman

Member I
Pacific Coast Canvas in Alameda put one on my boat for its previous owner. They did a great job but were not inexpensive. They are in Alameda at 415-521-1829. It makes a huge diference when sailing in SF bay. I also had PCC make a cockpit cover for shade in the summer. Good luck.:egrin:

Al Emondi

Member II
Geoff,

Do you have any pictures you can post of the dodger configuration for your 32-3. I am thinking of having one made for our boat as well. If it were possible to see the thought that you put into it, it would be great.

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
Can't say I put much thought into it as Island Nautical knew what to do. But here are some pointers:

1. Get a stainless frame, not aluminum.
2. Make sue the height is such that you can see over it easily.
3. Have a grab rail installed on the aft frame (mine is covered in leather).
4. Mine has removable side panels to permit access to the spinnaker winches.
5. Cover the aft edge of the dodger with vinyl or leather (people tend to grab it a lot)

clohman

Member II
I would only add to photograph and measure any lines leading aft so that appropriate adjustment can be made to the edge of the dodger that snaps to the desk. I echo Geoff's comments about considering the height for clear sighting from the helm.