Dock party ...

Sven

Seglare
Looks like they are on the hook at Cat Harbor now.

Yes. It was a strange start to the adventure :)

When we were headed towards Santa Barbara Island, from Isthmus Cove, we kept hearing about this coming gale/storm so we just went to Cat for a couple of days. Anchored out and then when the forecast sounded worse we picked up a mooring and spent a week total in Cat.

Stopped by Howlands on the way back toward Avalon to bunker water. Paddling a 5-gallon jug of water back and forth in Cat was great exercise but kind of slow.

Now we're in Avalon and finally have some connectivity !

Diesel here is $7/gallon so fuel up anywhere else :egrin:

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Paddling a 5-gallon jug of water back and forth in Cat was great exercise but kind of slow.
-Sven

Thanks for checking in Sven. I have seen your YouTube updates. I know all about the water jug paddle as well as the ice block haul from Isthmus to Cat Harbor. Actually never ran out of fresh water in my 18 gal tank when I was anchored back in Cat for six days a couple years ago. But fresh ice every day was a must.:0

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Stop by, if you come north

Over the three day weekend, we had a visitor using reciprocal moorage at our club from.... Tiburon Yacht Club. Considering that we are about 90 miles up the Columbia, that was unusual. Turned that they wanted to visit friends in the Portland area.

So, if get to the NW, give me a shout. Even if you are only stopping off briefly in Astoria, we would love to drive down and meet you guys.
:egrin:

Loren

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
I'm curious about your water use, and I apologize if this is too far afield of this thread topic.

We have never consumed water from our 34-year-old steel tank because I don't know what it looks like inside, and I don't want to drink whatever comes from our marina's water hose. The water looks fine coming from the faucet, but I don't trust it inside me. Do you filter your tank water somehow?

We use the water tank for washing only, and we've never run out--even with four on board for a week at a time. For cooking and drinking, we use 1-gallon jugs of Crystal Geyser--and surprisingly little of it! Showers are usually from salt water in a sun shower bag.

As for ice, our ice usually lasts 10 days in the winter, and about 7 days in summer. I'm thinking of restoring it to a refer (it seems to have been one in an earlier life).