Design Flaw or Quirk o' My Boat?

Calendrû

Member I
Rainwater collects in the aft corners of my cockpit seats. Is this just something I have to manually sweep into the scupper or have you all come up with some elegant way to avoid stagnant cockpit pools? Thanks for any suggestions.</SPAN>

McGinnis

Member II
A few options...

You could either keep sweeping the water out, move to a place that rains less, install drains or fair the corners so they're no longer the low spot.

I would vote on fairing but I love playing with epoxy.

Calendrû

Member I
Hi McGinnis,

O epoxy guru, any suggestions on how to fair the corners and maintain comfortable seating? Moving's out and my scupper is overloaded as it is with a bilge pump hose T'd into it. I'm curious why the E26 was designed with those water collection points. Anybody else have this problem?

Greg Ross

Not the newest member
Trim

Any "stuff" in the lazerettes you can live without or possibly consider storing somewhere "mid-ships"
Getting weight out of the ends has a bunch of benifits one of which would be a dryer cockpit for you!

Calendrû

Member I
Good point, Greg. I have a 25 lb anchor, 20' of chain and 300' of rode in the port cockpit locker ... hmmm. I have space in the nose of the V berth, but no handy opening in the forward deck, at least not yet. Anyone have ideas about creating a chain locker where there was none before?

Thanks.