Deck Shower

MikeG

Member I
Hello guys,

Can you help me to find deck shower faucet?

Thanks,
Mike G

"Lily"- E32-3 /89

Attachments

• shower.jpg
    shower.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Different faucet style... but our '88 model had high-quality Grohe (sp?) faucets with pull out spouts. I just replaced the galley one with a very similar $candvik version. Is there a manufacturer name anywhere on that old one??

Loren

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
The PO of my boat installed a unit like that, but chrome, in one of the propane lockers molded into the aft section of the boat. Handle/hose just drops in for storage. Since I have CNG the propane lockers are storage anyway so this works well for me. RT

MikeG

Member I
New Deck Shower

I installed new deck shower.

Mike
e32-2 - 89

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 146

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
That would be the new Whale "Twist" unit correct? My deck shower was leaking so I purchased one of the new Twist units. Then I found out that neither WM or Defender had the fittings I needed to convert from the Whale proprietary plumbing to the simple 1/2" PVC hose I have feeding the deck shower.

I can't believe Whale would release/provide a product that is ONLY compatible with their proprietary plumbing. I liked the Twist but I'm not about to partially re-plumb my boat to install it. All they had to do was provide proprietary-to-NPT adaptors. Too bad, I returned it.

RT

MMLOGAN

Member III
Plumbing

Rob,

The unit I purchased is now over 2 years old. Took me some time to get it mounted... I don't recall having plumbing issues. Maybe it was that model.It came with two braided stainless hoses that were 3/8's NPT on the supply side. I was able to "T" off the supply line to the water heater for cold and the output side for hot. I mounted the unit inside the cockpit near the starboard LPG locker.

Sad to hear they hamstringed the product:mad:

Matt
Wind Chaser
E35-3