Deck fill fitting "O" rings

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the original deck fill fittings, or the replacment oring size for the caps. The 1-1/2"IDx1-3/4"OD 1/8" material is to big. The consequence of using the wrong size or one that doesn't seal on the Diesel fill, could ruin your day.

Thanks
Rich
s/v Breeze
E25+ 1983

newgringo

Member III
My "Parker O- Ring" book says that o-rings in 1 1/2 in ID are available in both 1/16 inch dia and 3/32 inch dia cross sections. Search around and you can find them. I use 3/32 for mine and tighten 1/4 turn after contact. Need to change every year due to weather and UV exposure. A bigger problem is getting a compound that will take UV. Have not solved that yet. Try http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=2w3w9a. They have lots to choose from.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
A company called Seadog makes the caps that fit the original Ericson deck fill fittings. I don't have the part # with me but will post when I get back to boat. Don't know if they have individual "O" rings; maybe.

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
I got a 1 5/8" O ring at our local Lowe's home improvement store. It fit tightly & 1 year later it seems to be holding up well against the elements. It was cheap.:egrin:

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Sea-Dog part #351270-1 Stainless Steel Replacement Cap.

I believe they were about $18 ea.

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Hello,

I recently bought a spare Perko deck fill cap and O-ring, naively thinking it would fit my E38 deck-fills. It did not fit.

I tried searching for the Sea Dog part number in the thread above with no luck. Does anybody know the part number for a suitable replacement? I'd like to at least have one spare cap in case one goes overboard.

Thanks,
Mark